Olay Pro-X

Wednesday, April 13, 2011


As you all know, I live in Small Town America where my one-stop shop is the local Wal-Mart. I'm so lucky, I know.

One thing I try to stay on top of is my skincare. I get a few facials a year, wash with a very gentle cleanser and try to moisturize every night. I've written about it before, but I'm a huge, huge fan of Cetaphil cleansers and moisturizers. In fact, these two products are all I will use on my skin for everyday cleaning.


But recently I had been hearing about people debating the Clarisonic Mia vs. the Olay Pro-X Advanced Cleaning System.

Here's the Clarisonic Mia, which retails for $149 at Sephora.

And here's the Olay Pro-X Advanced Cleaning System, which retails for (around) $29.99 at drugstores.



Obviously, I am sure the Clarisonic is a superior product, just like the Sonicare toothbrushes are better than the battery operated Crest toothbrushes you can buy at WalMart. But since I don't think I could even buy a Clarisonic in this town, not to mention that I don't care to spend $150 on it, I went for the Pro-X facial brush.

I've got to say, it's one of the best $30 purchases I've ever made. The bristles are very soft and gentle on your skin, and it has 2 speeds you can set it on. It came with a mini bottle of exfoliating cleanser, but I'm all about keeping it as gentle as possible on your skin, so I won't be using that. I've used my Cetaphil cleanser with it, and I can't even tell you how even-toned and glow-y it's made my skin in just 3 uses! If you've ever been for a facial, you know that pretty glow-y look you have afterwards? That's totally what your skin looks like after just cleansing with this. Plus, my pores look smaller and my skin is super soft.

My final vote? Two thumbs, way up!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited that I just read this because I've been researching these types of sonic cleansers, and have no desire to spend $150 on a product, either. So, I'm guessing since I live in the same "small town America" that I'll be able to purchase it as well! Thanks for the post. I'm super excited, now!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan