I hate spring.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

For most people, spring is a beautiful time of year...the end to a long (or not so long) winter. The grass grows back bright green, the leaves start coming in on the trees, flowers are budding, the sun is shining...

Not where I live.

I argued with my husband over this, who grew up in our town, that spring doesn't start here until May. He fought me tooth and nail on this, swearing up and down that it's in the 50's/60's in April.

Right. It's 41 degrees out right now. Gray, cloudy. We have 1-2 inches of snow in the forecast tonight. Oh, and it's April 19th.

So, he may be right that it is in the 50's/60's here in April, cause we have had a few nice days this month. But you know that point in the season when you are finally able to say, Spring is here! for good? We don't see that until May.

And I can almost guarantee that there is nothing so depressing as it being the middle of April and having snow in the forecast and gray after gray after gray day.

Sorry for the depressing post. I'm seriously ready to buy one of those sun machines you set up in your house. That, or move as far South as I possibly can and NEVER have to deal with cruddy, terrible spring times anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Let's see--- Spring starts and ends in May. Then you have summer, which is nice, and I'll try not to complain about, and then Fall hits from September to September.

    Yeah, gross winter = 6 loooong months :(

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan