The long road

Monday, March 21, 2011

We made it to Florida! I'm currently sitting on the lanai [golden girls, anyone??] drinking my coffee and looking out at the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. It's downright amazing, and even though I had to spend a ridiculous amount of time in the car, it's well worth it now!

The trip down wasn't so bad. We left home on Friday night with 5 - FIVE - people packed into our Mountaineer. We made the wise decision to put our luggage on a tow rack on the back of the car, and open up the very back for people to lay. Around 10pm my girlfriend, Bobbie, and I, laid down our side of the backseat, stretched out, and slept til we got to Tennessee. We made it to Nashville in great time and then spent the morning/afternoon out shopping. Later that night we got all gussied up and took ourselves downtown, where we spent the night going from bar to bar and listening to amazing country bands. A shot of celebratory tequila may or may not have been involved!

However, the drive to Florida took.an.eternity. Seriously, it felt like we were in the car for days. It was about 13 hours, and that is definitely a long time, but holy smokes, I felt like my butt was glued to the seat!

But we're here, and I'm enjoying coffee outside and watching the beach walkers. Thinking I might go join them for a morning run!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you are enjoying the weather. It's snowing here! Have a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan