Learning by example

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

When I first started blogging a couple years back, it was so that I could have a way of communicating my life and experiences of being a nanny in Stockholm. I had a good number of readers, mostly friends but some family. It was great, and I typically had lots of feedback/comments from people that read my blog.

Once I moved back to the US I started another blog as sort of, "My Life Post Stockholm", and while it was fun, and I had a few readers, one of my biggest hang ups is that I had family and close friends reading it. I'll be honest - there were times that I wanted to post about how someone drove me CRAZY, or my job was really annoying, or how this or that got on my nerves. So, I quit blogging.

I was [and am] a faithful reader of Blue-Eyed Bride. Erin - the blogger - simply posts about her daily life with her little family. When I started tossing around the idea of starting another blog, my hesitation came from simply not wanting to share it with everyone because, what if I want to say something ugly about a co-worker? Or what if I want to complain about things? However, I was struck by Erin, who has a huge following, and she really never has anything ugly to say. She's a positive, upbeat kind of girl [at least, she is on her blog], and I admire that!

I don't think complaining at times is wrong [and I'll be the first to admit that I can be a complainer], but I think your blog is your expression of your life, and if you always have rants or complaints coming out of it, what does that say about you?

So here's to girls like Erin, and Nina, and Lauren, who have awesome blogs that make me want to be a little more like them!

2 comments:

  1. I would like to be quite a bit like you too, missy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to following your journey!

    P.S. I'm super jealous of your layout...it is FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan